proudly brought to you by the Poowong Community Consultative Committee Inc. (P.C.C.C.)
PCCC – What is it?
Poowong Community Consultative Committee Inc.
- Your town’s collective voice
- Your town’s voice to Local Government
- A group to focus on whole-town programs
- An advocate for smaller groups – we champion your ideas
PCCC was founded in the 1970s and has gone through various changes as we evolve.
The type of projects we have pioneered are:
- Planting of the town’s street trees – a very early initiative
- Presentation of the town’s 125th Anniversary celebrations (1999)
- Creation of the town’s Sculpture Park and later, Bimbadeen Park & walkway
- Banker for the Poowong Pool’s 50th Anniversary
- Helping secure the world premiere of the movie ‘Kenny’
- Tidy Town campaigns
- Instrumental in the successful campaign for town sewerage
- Relocation and Restoration of the War Memorial
- Many grant applications, most recently winning Gippsland’s Legendairy Capital.
Some future projects are:
- Upgrade and extension of barbeque shelter on Drouin Road
- Publishing a children’s book for the Legendairy Capital program
PCCC has also been the responsible body for drafting and reviewing your Community Plan. This is invaluable to any group seeking grants as most grants require a project first being identified in a Community Plan before they will contribute and support. This is also a way of identifying valuable projects many years in the future.
- PCCC can be what the community wants it to be!
- We are looking for the next generation of town representatives. Will it be you?!
- Come and revitalise PCCC! Bring your own ideas!
- PCCC meets every 2nd month
UNFORTUNATELY AS WE ARE UNABLE TO ATTRACT ENOUGH MEMBERS TO FORM A COMMITTEE THE P.C.C.C. IS IN RECESS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
If you would like your event to appear on this website please contact P.C.C.C. at email@example.com Continue reading Welcome to our Poowong Website